4pure

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Diced pork in soy sauce


 Last summer I grew red peppers in my garden (unfortunately I don't have a picture of them fully ripen, because I have 3 very enthusiastic gardeners whom every day got into a challenge to bring the ripe fruit and vegetables into my kitchen). However, the plant with the not yet fully red peppers has made it into my picture archive.

And today I have planned a chinese meal with it: Diced pork in soy sauce. There was nothing left at the end of the meal on any of the plates (and in my pan), so the meal was a huge success.
I subscribe that to my self grown pepper.

What are the ingredients?

- 1 pound (500 gram) gammon steak, diced in 1 inch cubes (2,5 cm);
- 2 tablespoons oil;
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce;
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce;
- 2 cloves garlic, grated;
- 1 pepper, no seeds, diced;
- about 1 inch (2,5 cm) ginger root, grated;
- 1 cup (220 mL) cream;
- 6 tablespoons cocos, grated;
- 2 tablespoons lime juice.

 Heat a wok on high heat. Put the oil in the hot pan and fry the meat in about 3 - 5 minutes. Set the meat aside.
Put the garlic, ginger root and pepper in the wok and fry it about 2 minutes. Put the meat back in the wok, together with de sweet soy sauce, the dark soy sauce, the cream and cocos.
Put the wok on the lowest heat and simmer it for about 60 minutes. Stir the lime juice through the meat and serve immediately.
Have a nice dinner.



No comments: