4pure

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tagliatelle with shrimp salad

The weather was good, for the past few days. I like cooking, but with good weather I become a bit lazy. I don't want to stand in the kitchen all day. And my garden needed a lot of attention. That are definitely a good reasons for eating salads. And I personally love them. Not the solely green ones (with only lettuce). I want a bite. I had a few shrimps that I wanted to use and so I made a tagliatelle with shrimp salad. My husband, although he doesn't like cold tagliatelle to much, did love the salad.
And my childeren, except for the youngest one, they didn't want to taste it. The youngest one didn't ate all of his salad, just the shrimps (which is one of his favourits) and the cucumber.
You can't please everyone. Unfortenately the weatherforecast isn't that good. Autumn like is the word. And that is too bad because I still have a lot of salad inspiration.



Ingredients:
- Shrimps;
- Tagliatelle (handmade or storebought);
- 1/2 cucumber;
- Carrot;
- Olive oil;
- Balsamic vinegar;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar;
- Fried onions.



Preparation:
Prepare the tagliatelle as descripted on the package. Half the cucumber and scrape out the seeds (so the salad won't get to wet). Slice in small bits. Scrape the carrot and slice it in small stripes (julienne). Heat in a small saucepan the oil. Lower the fire and add the garlic (you can even add a small pepper for the taste). Stir for one minute. Add the shrimp and on medium fire, stirfry the shrimp.
Spoon the shrimp on a plate and sieve the oil. Add the sugar and the balsamic vinegar to the oil.
In a serving bowl add the cucumber, carrot, tagliatelle and the shrimp. Sprinkle the oil/vinegar on top and mix the salad well. On top add the fried onions.






No comments: