4pure

Monday, May 21, 2012

Potatoes roasted in the oven

  

With 4 squared meters of thyme plants I got myself a new problem. Which one can I use for this recipe. I took the one with the strongest thyme smell. I thought that would be great odor in the house.
It really is. The dish did not only taste quite good, but smelled similar.

I took small potatoes (don't know how to pronounce this kind in English) and brushed them to clean them. My children love them when they are peeled, but the most vitamin are just underneath it, so I prefer to eat them unpeeled.
With this kind of potato you almost don't notice the skin because it is so thin.

The potatoes were eaten very well. I had to buy more because they go by the pound. But almost everyone was gone.
The only issue was that the potatoes weren't fully done when they got out of the oven, so we put them in a frying pan for a few minutes.
Usually I boil them 10 minutes before putting them in the oven, so I don't get that kind of issue.
Maybe I should try that the next time (or you should have a great idea for this one).

For the recipe:
Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of small potatoes;
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced very thin;
- 3 shallots, quartered;
- 2 sprigs of thyme, cut in small pieces;
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- salt;
- 3 tablespoons of water.

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (or 390 degrees Fahrenheit). Brush the skin of the potato and rinse them carefully. Put them in an oven dish. Combine it with the garlic, shallots, thyme and olive oil and mix well. Add enough salt to get the right taste.
Poor the water in the dish and cover it with aluminum foil or a lid.
Place the dish in the oven, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and let them cook for another 10 minutes (to get a crunchy bite).






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes!