4pure

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Home made Ice tea

  

We've got such a great weather in the Netherlands and are really enjoying it. But warm weather is thirsty weather. And I want to give my children something tasty and refreshing, without artificial color, fragrances and flavors. I can get them plain water. That's beverage number one around here, but sometimes you want something else. That's this ice tea.
Really refreshing with this warm weather and including vitamins.
A nice thing is that in the near future I can make my own ice tea, from the ingredients in my house. As you can see on the left picture I've got my own lemon- and orange tree. I'm looking for my tea bush and then I'm done.

The only disadvantage of this recipe is that you have to wait 2 hours before you can drink it, so it is really, really cold. But then you got a great beverage.
As for the tea, I used a white tea with Jasmin.

The recipe
Ingredients:
- 1 liter tea;
- 2 oranges;
- 2 lemons;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 1 tablespoon of honey;
- mint (eg. you can take other green herbs like ginger mint or something like that);
- sugar at taste
- ice cubes

Preparation:
Get the juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Poor the orange juice and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice in a jug. Add the tea, cinnamon, honey and herbs. Taste and add sugar to taste (stir very well, the sugar tends to gather at the bottom of the jug). Add the ice cubes. Cut the other orange and lemon in small slices. Add them to the jug as well. Let it cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
For serving: Add some ice cubes in a glass and poor the juice on it.

As for the result (with straws as was very necessary for my eldest):



No comments: