4pure

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ffwd: muenster cheese souffles

On Friday I made this dish, but hadn't blog it yet. Our French Fridays with Dorie recipe today was a muenster cheese soufflé.
As you might know soufflés are tricky. Why, because sometimes in the oven you got a great soufflé all risen and looking really fluffy. And when you get them out, because of the cold air, they just collapse.
I am aware of this so I took good care of reading the instructions very well. I had just a slight problem. My forms were a bit to big. So my soufflé came all fluffy out of the oven, but you can't see top of it above. The whole soufflé is hidden in the form.
Does that mind for the picture? Off course! Does it mind for the taste? No way. This was really a great treat.

If you want to know what the others made of it (and see there beautiful well done pictures) look at:
french fridays with dorie.

For my end result:

4Pure: Cheese soufflé

7 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Your souffle looks great!

Cher Rockwell said...

I had the same problem - I used a really large pan and it was too big.
Your soufflés look lovely!

Anonymous said...

Every body's deflated, but they were still good.

Anonymous said...

I think they look great. And let's be fair, they are going to fall when you cut into them anyway... I thought the dish sizes were a little tricky - I made a big one. Pretty fun and yummy!

Betsy said...

I think the puff only lasts momentarily. As long as it tastes good, that's the important thing. I think they look delicious!

tricia s. said...

Yours look fabulous and very traditional in the classic white soufflé ramekins ! I adored these little yummy delights and can't wait to make them again.

Teresa said...

They look beautiful, all the same! It's hard to have every size of ramekin on hand, so I think enjoying the results you get with what you've got is great.