4pure

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

4Pure4lunch: Nije kaas sandwich

In my refrigerator I had a leftover. There was a bit of Nije kaas (translation: new cheese) on my shelve. Nije kaas is a speciality of my local shop: the Landwinkel in Oss. It's a soft cheese which has tastes like a brie with a twist camembert. It's on a rare occasion that there is a piece left, and I couldn't leave it behind. So, because it was almost lunch time, I made a delicious sandwich of it. With walnuts and apple jam which is a great combination with the Nije kaas. And lets hope I've got another leftover again in my refrigerator next week.
I'll share this nice recipe with you so you can make it for lunch:

Ingredients for 2 sandwiches:

  • 4 slices bread;
  • half Nije kaas;
  • 6 walnuts;
  • 2 tablespoons apple jam
Materials:
  • Sandwich maker;
  • Nutcracker (if you've got whole nuts)
Preparation:
Slice the Nije kaas in small strips. Chop the walnuts. Arrange the Nije kaas on two slices of bread. Poor the apple jam on the Nije kaas. Sprinkle the walnuts on top. Top it with the leftover, not used, slices of bread.
Put the slices in the sandwich maker for about 5 minutes or as long as it needs to melt the Nije kaas. 

Tips:
  • It the Landwinkel isn't around your neighbourhood, you can exchange the Nije kaas with brie or camembert;
  • If you don't have a sandwich maker, you can use a grill pan of normal frying pan. Make sure that you turn your sandwich around, so you brown both sides.  
  • This is a great dish with a loaf of French bread.

4Pure: Nije kaas tosti

No comments: