Delicious cheese sticks to eat before the television. They were all gone in this house!
- 250 grams flour;
- 8 grams baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 4 egg yolks;
- 2 tablespoons sour cream;
- 200 grams butter, cold in cubes of 1 x 1 cm;
- 1 tablespoon milk;
- 75 grams old cheese, grated.
- Baking dish;
- Baking paper;
- Plastic foil;
- Kitchen machine with knife.
Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In the bowl of the kitchen machine add the flour, baking powder and salt. Pulse the knife and add the butter cubes. Pulse again until the butter gets the size of peas. Add the 3 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sour cream and pulse until the dough forms a ball. Fold this ball into plastic foil and put this in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Mix 1 tablespoon of milk with 1 egg yolk.
Cover the baking dish with baking paper. Cut a bit of dough and make a roll with a diameter of approximately 8 mm. Lay on the baking paper and brush with the egg/milk mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Repeat this for the rest of the dough. Put the baking dish in the middle of the oven and bake during 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips en Tricks:
- If you don't have old cheese, but you do have mature cheese you also can use type of cheese;
- If you're short in time you can use puff pastry instead of making your own dough. Don't roll the puff pastry, but cut in small stripes.
|4Pure: Cheese sticks|