The recipe was written in the Allerhande:
- 180 grams chocolate, minimum 72 % cacoa
- 100 ml milk;
- 200 grams butter, roomtemperature;
- 175 grams sugar;
- 3 eggs, large;
- 200 grams self-raising flour;
- 400 grams chocolate mousse;
- 1 1/2 sack kitkat mini's, 375 gram
- 1 sack smarties
- Springform 18 cm diameter;
- baking paper.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover the bottom of the baking form with baking paper and brush the sides of the baking dish with butter. In a bowl poor the milk and butter and heat them au-bain-marie until the chocolate melted. Let the chocolate mixture cool down a bit. Beat the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, until they are fully incorporated. Whisk the chocolate mixture into the batter. With a spatula gently mix the self-raising flour into the batter. Poor the batter in the baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes in the oven, until the cake is ready.
Let the cake cool down to room temperature. Remove the springform. Cut the cake horizontal, so you will get two layers. Smear one side with half of the chocolate mousse. Lay the other layer onto the chocolate mousse. Smear the top and side with the rest of the chocolate mousse. Place the kit-kats vertically around the cake. Sprinkle the smarties on the cake.
Tips and tricks:
- A real nice touch to this cake is to take a ribbon and place it around the cake and finish it with a bow;
- If you don't have a spring form but a baking dish of 18 cm diameter, make sure to cover the bottom and sides of the baking dish with baking paper. The cake will be easier to get out after cooling down.
|Kit kat smarties cake|