Today I gave a cooking demonstration make your own pasta in the Landwinkel Oss. And as promised I wrote this blog with the how to. The Kitchen Aid I used at the Landwinkel is quite expensive and isn't really necessary. You can make very good pasta with a machine which you roll the pasta by hand. And if you want it even cheaper you roll the pasta sheets and cut them with your knife. This way you can make great tagliatelle.
Beneath the recipe of this really delicious homemade pasta dough.
Ingredients (per person):
- 100 grams flour;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 egg (L).
- Pasta machine;
- plastic foil;
- pasta dry rack or a wooden stick.
Put the dough on your work bench. In the middle make a hole and poor in the olive oil Break the egg over the hole and with a fork mix the egg with the flour. When the egg is incorporated, knead the dough with your hands until you notice that the structure of the dough changes, from rigid to elastic. This means the gluten are working.This will take about 10 minutes of kneading.
Roll the dough into a ball and wrap the ball in plastic foil. Let it rest for about 30 minutes, so the gluten can rest. After 30 minutes take the ball and take 50 grams of the dough. Flatten it as good as you can and sprinkle flour on top.
Take the pasta machine and make sure you use the largest gap. The Kitchen Aid calls that number 1. Pull the dough three times through the machine. In between you fold the dough once. Than go to the next position, number 2, and pull the dough twice through the machine. Repeat this until you reach the last position. Take care to use flour in between when you notice that the dough becomes sticky.
Hang the sheets on the dry rack until the outer 2 cm of the sheets feels like there drying.
Take the spaghetti accessory (or tagliatelle) and put it on the machine. Take a sheet and pull it through. Catch the spaghetti and let it hang until you are going to finish it.
Bring water with a teaspoon of salt to a boil and cook the pasta 2 minutes (in batches, do not throw all of the pasta in the water at once).
- You can also knead the dough with your mixer with dough hooks or kitchen machine with the dough accessories. It still will take 10 minutes to knead the dough;
- If you want to make pasta for more than one person, multiply the ingredients with the total amount of persons;
- If you are making lasagna sheets and you want to pimp them, do as followed: take two finished sheets and place fresh herbs in between them. Roll the pasta sheets once again through the last position and let it dry (you can see an example at picture 2 above);
- The pan which you use to boil the spaghetti, got to contain enough water (a few liters). Because the water boils, the spaghetti won't stick so don't add olive oil. If you want to use olive oil use it when it's finished.
|4Pure: spaghetti Bolognese|