Ingredients (about 30):
- 30 grams green bean thread vermicelli;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 2 carrots, grated;
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced;
- 2 eggs (L);
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar;
- 1/4 teaspoon salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grounded pepper;
- 250 grams chicken breast;
- 250 gram ground pork;
- 1 package 8 inch square fresh or frozen spring-roll wrappers, thawed;
- Frying pan;
Place the vermicelli in a large bowl. Cover with hot water and soak for 5 minutes. Cut the vermicelli in small pieces. Add to the vermicelli onions, carrots and scallions.
In a second bowl whisk together the eggs, fish sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Ground the chicken in the blender and add the chicken and the pork to the second bowl. Then add the noodle mixture and mix until just combined.
Take one wrapper and, with the point facing you, place on a clean surface. Place 1.5 tablespoons of filling 2 cm from the edge. Fold the end over the filling and turn the filling with wrapper around once. Fold the right and left sides over filling. Then roll further until you get a cylinder. The end on top (about 2 cm) is brushed with water, before the rolling is done. Repeat, using all wrappers and filling.
(see pictures above for the rolling).
Preheat the frying pan to 180 degrees Celsius. Place a spring roll in the fat and bake for 2 minutes.
Get out of the frying pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then again put it back in the pan for another 2 minutes.
Tips en tricks:
- These spring rolls are delicious with sweet peppersauce. But soy sauce is also a great combination;
- You can add shiitake mushrooms if you like in your filling with the vermicelli (about 30 grams);
- Spring rolls can be freezed when they are rolled. You can store them about 3 months in the freezer. Keep in mind that when you bake them in the frying pan the first time you bake for 3 minutes instead of 2.
|4Pure: Crisp spring rolls|