This is a real delicious and a bit spicy recipe: pumpkinsoup with salsa. Great for cold afternoons!
- 2 bunches thyme;
- 1 pumpkin;
- 1 liter chickenstock ( recipe: homemade chickenstock);
- 2 onions, finely chopped;
- 2 garlic bulbs;
- 4 bunches oregano, fresh;
- salt and pepper, at taste;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 pepper;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgine;
- 1 tablespoon balsamic cream.
- Soup pan;
- Aluminium foil;
- Kitchen machine with knife;
- Baking dish.
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Take a piece of aluminium foil and put the garlic and thyme in the middle. Pour olive oil on top. Fold the aluminium foil to a package and lay on the baking plate. Put the tomatoes and pepper on the baking plate. Oil the pumpkin and put it also on the baking plate. Put the plate in the oven for 15 minutes. Take the tomato and pepper of the baking plate and put the plate back for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile remove the skin of the tomato and put the tomato, the pepper and balsamico cream in the kitchenmachine and blend until it's smooth. Pour in a bowl.
After 35 minutes let the pumpkin and garlic slightly cool down.
In the soup pan, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions and simmer for about 10 minutes, while the onions glaze (don't let them brown). Press the garlic out of the bulbs into the pan and bake for another minute. Get the seeds out of the pumpkin and then with a spoon, take the pulp out of the pumpkin into the souppan. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil Simmer or 10 minutes and with a blender smoothen the soup. Reheat the soup and bring to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a soupbowl and spoon a tablespoon of salsa in the middle. Sprinkle fresh oregano on top.
Drip some olive oil in the soup.
Tips and tricks:
- The salsa taste great with paprika. Roast the paprika with the tomatoes and pepper and blend afterwards;
- To smoothen the soup further, push the soup through a fine sieve.
|4Pure: pumpkinsoup with spicy salsa|